Our top tips for selling your home
Four ways you can help sell your home
Are you looking for that show home effect when you are selling your home? Preparing your house for potential buyers, including COVID-safe virtual viewings, is important. It will not only ensure your property is sold faster but can potentially add thousands of pounds to the value.
First impressions count
- Did you know that a person will make a decision within the first few minutes of arriving at a property, that is why it is crucial to update your kerb appeal.
- It is noted that most adults will assess the front garden, windows, and paintwork before entering a property.
- If you have a broken gate, this could be a great opportunity to fix it.
Make it look pretty
- Make sure your windows are properly dressed with blinds or curtains, soft furnishing makes your house a home and creates a more personal touch. You can upgrade these cheaply nowadays from Ikea or even your local supermarket might be able to help
- Plants and flowers bring colour, life, and light to a room and also smell wonderful.
Got a dripping tap or a cracked tile? These will send the wrong message to potential buyers. From removing grubby sealant to replacing damaged areas of carpet, getting all problems fixed before putting the house on the market is a smart idea.
Declutter – but don’t depersonalise
- Don’t make it look like a generic hotel; leave some personality. Apart from anything else it gives unimaginative buyers suggestions as to what they might do and how they vision their life in your home.
- People are often buying into a lifestyle as much as a property. Show them the attractive side of your lifestyle
- Consider removing any bulky furniture that makes the room feel small and replacing it with smaller furniture.
When selling your property, it is clear that first impressions count. Updating the exterior of your home will increase kerb appeal. Adding a house sign could make the difference from a potential buyer making an offer, why not shop our collection today.